View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 07:48   Link #12673
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I don't understand all the Mikoto hate here. It's not like she had a forced appearance in Index novel so far nor stealing the spotlight from our protagonist, why all the hate just because she's popular and already has her own spin-off? Should Kuroneko be written off from the Ore Imo main light novel story just because she got her own spin-off manga? Being popular and having his/her own spin-off is not a valid reason for writing a character from the story where he/she first appeared in.

And don't get started on she's not strong enough to fight in the story. Hamazura has no power at all and Mikoto was supposed to be much smarter than he is(although he might have more street knowledge) considering she's a genius just by being a level 5(you need extraordinary brain capacity to have level 5 power) and she already prove in her own spin-off she can fight in many ways other than throwing railgun coins and electrical shocks arounds.

I just feel like the hate people here have for her appearing in the main story is just personal feelings, not because her appearance ruin the story. I won't argue about her likability, because liking a character depend on personal taste and I respect that, but complaining about a character appearing in the main story just because of like or dislike is just.....strange IMO(and it's not like she has taken part in the main story that much beside the tidbit of cameo in all 23 volumes before this so arguments that she took the main stage too much just doesn't make sense at this point).

I've been fighting this problem for a pretty long time so I can tell you the main reasons why this is happening-

1. They don't like the hardcore fans of Mikoto claiming that Railgun is better than Index, overtime that hate gets transfer directly to the character of worship.

2. Forced appearance apparently means any time she appears in the middle of the story; for example- the numerous overseas phonecalls, the encounter outside the hospital, running into her during Fuse=Kazakiri's appearance. I had even gotten into an argument with a certain someone when apparently, forced appearance to him means appearing in the "between the lines" segments.

So yes, with that big a range of classification, naturally it seems that Mikoto has been butting in everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
Is Fremea under the care of Hamazura now? Hamazura engaging in future fights with power suits is very appealing [illustration-wise]. Hopefully GROUP members meeting each other is not a troll..
No sign of Misaki [Lvl 5 No.5]?
Presumably yeah, Fremea is under Hamazura's 'care'.

I find it iffy that the GROUP members suddenly show up... In fact, alot of the characters that supposedly showed up sounds iffy to me.