View Single Post
Old 2007-06-11, 15:48   Link #96
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
Ok, I think reading the whole series took me about 7 weeks or so but yesterday I finally finished the last volume. And what a great ending it was! It left me with that slight sadness that I won't be seeing the characters again.
And the solution to where the souls of Kozue's alter egos disappeared to was absolutely awesome.
The ending was the best Mahoraba could've ever gotten ne. The children were a good surprise. XD Ah, you don't know how much I'd love for Akira Kojima to do another Mahoraba-esque series... It's sad we won't see anymore Mahoraba, but I'd LOVE another similar series (and the artwork is so cute)... which brings me to the next point.

Quote:
But now I need new stuff and still being a manga-newbie I was hoping for some suggestions here. I didn't put this in the "suggestions"-forum on purpose since I thought it'd be easier to reach you people with similiar taste this way. ^_^
There really isn't anything quite like Mahoraba, IMO (and if there is, let me know about it! @__@ )... I'm a big fan of heartwarming slice-of-life series, especially the "heartwarming" part ... [*pulls a few series from her bookshelf*]

Posutaru WORK by Rei Izumi - Slice-of-life, heartwarming rating: 10/10!
There's no romance, but the comedy and warm fuzzies are on par with Mahoraba.

Kanon & AIR also by Rei Izumi - Slice-of-life, heartwarming rating: 9/10!
The characters from Kanon and AIR interact with each other... it's very lighthearted, so if you got annoyed crying while watching both the anime, this is for you. XD There are also comedic moments spread out here and there.

For something a little more off-the-wall, try Rikujou Boueitai Mao-chan, by Ken Akamatsu. It's not slice-of-life.. err, not really, IMO. I haven't read very much of it yet, but I've seen all of the anime, and.. how could you go wrong assigning kindergarteners to fight against cute aliens? The girls are very cute and cry easily (inducing a few warm fuzzies here and there), but they always do their best to protect their homes and family whom they believe in (even though their grandfathers are all nuts ). Very cute and funny, but beware of the random panty shots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
how many chapters does this have?? i can only find 57 translated .
Johnny tells me that there are 62 chapters.

Edit, edit, EDIT: I forgot about Momo at the end.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-06-11 at 16:02.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote