View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 19:41   Link #1398
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
4Tran, respect for your line of argumentation and persistency in fighting off SEED-haters.
Personally, I think that people can dislike even the best of shows; and as Destiny is hardly one of these, it's quite normal for it to be disliked. However, there's a difference between having reasonable justifications for disliking it and unreasonable ones. And it's really only the latter that I have a beef with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I just watched the Special Edition DVD of Gundam Seed Destiny, and I have to say...

The Special Edition is much better than the original show, so much so, in fact, that I am putting Destiny back on my list of top 10 favourite Gundam series.

Especially on the Battle of Messiah, Kira was way more godly...
It's really too bad that the Special Edition cuts out so many of my favorite parts. One of these days I'll have to rewatch the show, but it'll probably have to be the TV version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They've made at least... five by my count. Red, Blue, Gold, and Green Frames, and the Akatsuki.
It should be noted that, of these, only Akatsuki is in Destiny - and Akatsuki isn't even necessarily a Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawinder View Post
I don't think they really mass produced the Gundams, but I do agree that the abundance of Gundams really betrayed the internal logic of both SEED and DESTINY.
What internal logic? In-universe, "Gundam" is just a term that a few characters use to describe certain mobile suits. How would the number of units these characters include with this moniker make any difference?