View Single Post
Old 2010-08-04, 11:15   Link #63
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I can't help but feel some of you judge Blackbeard by too high moral standards, he is a pirate after all and he only asked Bonney to be his women, it's not like he groped her (or raped her).

That being said, I don't think it's strange of Blackbeard and his crew to bolt at Akainu's approach. Akainu has a highly lethal Devil Fruit power and Blackbeard and his boys may not have the level of Haki necessary to defend against his attacks (i.e. Whitebeard blocking Akainu's Dai Funka with his bare hand without harm to the hand).
Blackbeard is a cautious man with a plan (despite his rather...reckless appearance^), he picks his battles carefully and I expect that he didn't think the warship was worth severe injury or potential causalities for the Blackbeard Pirates.

Anyway, I do hope that Chopper advance his mastery of his Zoan-fruit now that he is trying to become stronger. The Awakaned Zoan-users we saw at Impel Down appeared rather mindless, but I think it'd be cool if Chopper tried to achieve (and control) that potent level of his Zoan...

Whitebeard blocked Akainu's magma attack by punchcing the air with his earthquake ability.

Blackbeard has the darkness logia, which can negate ANY DF ability. Seeing as he wasn't too afraid to take on Sengoku & Garp at the same time back on Marineford, i very much doubt that is the reason.

Blackbeard would be the only 1 capable of taking him on. Unlike Ace, though he put up a decent fight, Akainu is vastly more experienced and his Logia is would probably be amongst the Top tier logias..so it'd be a great fight.