View Single Post
Old 2006-02-03, 21:21   Link #93
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well right now I have to say Skypiea > Water 7...Water 7 had 2 or 3 of the best eps I've even seen with the whole Gally-ha guys exposing their true-intentions to ICEberg and Rope-san (And Luffy vs. Ussop in the start)...The characters fighting Luffy and the others in disguise then revealing their true selves was awesome...Blueno the bar-keep having door-door powers and Lucci being a Leopard was awesome (Not to mention the rest)...then it just all turned into fodder...The character interaction you speak of is kinda non-existent (I mean Franky and Ussop was nice, but that's it)...The whole Ussop-Luffy thing seems like a lightyear in the past...Sanji as usual is doing his own thing...Nami is being Nami, except that it looks like she ate the jump-jump fruit ...The whole Franky backstory was a 3 part yawn to me (once again 1 ep would have sufficed)...And it looks like every episode Sanji is gonna beat a train-boss til he gets to the last one...

In Skypiea i was intrigued with so much stuff...The whole Holy-land...the secret of why a piece of Jaya was in Skypiea...The ancient text Robin finds....The whole criminal island with Bellamy and company...The Sky-Indians and Wiper...The shells with the different powers...The mystery of how people were getting totally killed by these HUUUUUUGE electric-blasts (when we didn't know what it was)...That big-a$$ Gold Ship....Luffy's incredible impromtu fighting vs. Enel...And lets not forget the cloud challenges that Luffy, Sanji ,and Ussop had to face (most of that was hilarious)...Chopper being left alone and being scared outta his mind had me coughing up phlegm I laughed so hard...There's so much going on...so much interesting stuff...I guess I'm the only one who really enjoyed that arc (and i watched the specially-worded eps to boot)...Can't believe it was such a bore to you...

Water 7 has a great intial plot (which was a hidden subplot centered around Robin), but not much else has been exciting...and with minimal action and comedy it's just average right now...Next episode Sanji fights opponent #4...that'll be the whole episode prolly...and I'm not mad at all, but I am a bit disinterested...This is a shonen...if your not gonna give me much to think about (like Skypiea gave me) lets see the mindless action (and i mean a whole episode of it, not a 30 sec. Sanji sequence)...