View Single Post
Old 2010-06-03, 01:08   Link #4
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I had a bunch of series to suggest, but once you said 'male teen lead', that really cut out nearly everything I would suggest. -_-

The Sky Crawlers - Very critical but clever movie looking at modern life, particularly the upcoming generation, through wars in the sky fought by people who never grow up and relive the same things over and over for eternity.

Beyond the Clouds-The Promised Place - Very high quality movie on romance and the friendship between three highschool friends where both guys like the girl. Later on in life after taking completely different life choices, the two guys have to combine to save the girl from a fate worse than death.

Samurai Champloo - Brilliant action series set in 1600/Edo period Japan but with hip-hop influences. A wild animal-like samurai and a ronin-like schooled samurai make an unlikely team with a teen girl looking for the 'sunflower samurai.' Along the way, insight into key & more unknown moments in Japan are delved into along with some wacky moments.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Sister&brother and a 'good samartian' adult female try to make their way home after an 8.0 earthquake devastates Japan. Okay, no male teen lead, but you liked Seirei no Moribito and this series has the same director, so I think you should give this once a chance.

Mushishi - Very mature look at rustic life in a world heavily bonded with micro-organisms that affect life as much as humans. Very strong male lead shows us his journey through highs and lows and all that life gives us. He isn't teen but this is essential viewing regardless.

Hope that helps.