View Single Post
Old 2011-08-14, 10:55   Link #5
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Oh what is this. An actual good episode since the 2nd cour started? I have feeling this episode was actually written by Okada and the director who did all the "good episodes" because this one was much better quality then what we had for like 6 or so episodes straight. Fail male characters were kept to a minimum - the one I recall is the brief scene with Jiro. There was a resolution to the omlet rice debacle from the previous ep. Ohana was back to her bullheaded self and was key in Minko and her class resolving the issue. Got a nice scene with Tooru for Tooru lovers. Also got to see a nicer sweet side to Minko which was sweet. And best of all:

True Tears references. I lol'd hard. They weren't even subtle about it. Last Tears? TT school uniforms? Put a massive smile on my face. Oh there was an Angel Beats reference too with the brief concert scene.

The answer to Yuina's rheteorical question: Feels like I'm watching a Teen Drama - Yes you are (this episode at least). But a good teen drama episode.

Too bad this episode won't keep up though. I'm not getting up false hopes anymore, since this series has shown to have some major consistency problems. Just going to be enjoy the episodes as they come for this anime now if it ends up being good.

This episode is probably worth a 9/10 from me, but I'm going to bump it up to 10/10 purely because of the True Tears references. Too funny to ignore.

In regards to the PV for the next ep:

Spoiler for PV spoiler:

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-08-14 at 12:20.