View Single Post
Old 2012-11-23, 01:12   Link #498
GundamZZ
残念美人

At least, one crazy hot lady is still alive. Don't we forget Evangeline(Fraulein) Yamamoto. In German language, fraulein is an unmarried woman. So, some viewers describe Evangeline as "28 years old unemployed fraulein". This gal is my type.

Back to two main heroines, I still think they can survive if they want to.... I believe the tree of creation can save them, as long it follows the magic follows the logic. Magic logic magic...

Samon is getting more unlikable. In this episode, he talks too much. It's even more annoying that he leads the clan to betray the tree. They are suppose the followers of the tree. Instead, they use the tree's power and turn against it. Regardless, he's looks like a mere middle boss. The last boos could be no one. It cannot be the trees. As the current trend, Samon is going to enpower tree of destruction and destroy the world.

Even they use the term "magic", the world view is more like tradition Japanese ritual. Hakaze is like the crowned miko of the protective tree. There's no miko or priestess for destructive tree for the apparent reason. All its followers already killed each other. By the way, Hakaze's carved sandle phone can flow on the ocean for two years. It is hardly falling apart. It's somehow against the nature's logic.

I'm confused about the translation. Why they name <tree of beginning> as Tree of Genesis? Why they name <tree of zetsuen> as Tree of Exodus? If translators want to follow the Bible naming convention, shouldn't they name <tree of zetsuen>
as Tree of Apocalypse? The power of trees are creation and destruction. Maybe the process of creation leads to destruction and the process of destruction leads to creation?

I guess the studio has to show bones, since it's BONES....
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-11-23 at 01:54.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote