View Single Post
Old 2013-07-03, 03:48   Link #162
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
From what I understand there was a dispute between the anime producers and publishers of the manga. The anime Overtook the Manga and went to its own conclusion in season 2 while the manga went on hiatus for months until it was finally Cut Short with a Deus ex Machina (and an apology for doing so).

A new manga series is currently being published under the name Rozen Maiden Tale. It's an alternate universe story starring a much older Jun Sakurada, which follows what would have happened if Jun had responded "do not wind" to the initial letter, and crosses over with the original universe.
Spoiler for A few chapters later in the manga:
The reason for the second manga was do to a screw-up on the magazine company's part, as a result, Peach-Pit had to do a fast rewrite of the 7th volume, which was significantly smaller then the previous volumes.
Needless to say, they left the magazine company shortly after that.
Also:
Spoiler for Spoiler about the recent chapters:

I haven't heard anything about a dispute between Peach-Pit and the anime producers, but since Peach-Pit has taken the series in a different direction then they had originally intended to go, and the anime producers altered quite a bit themselfs with Träumend, its not too surprising why they would make changes to it.
Then again, there is no telling what Peach-Pit and the producers of Träumend talked about prior to releasing it; though it may seem unlikely, it is possible that they may have had Peach-Pit's approval on the changes in Träumend, on the grounds that if the anime is too similar to the manga, a lot of people will say: 'I've already seen it', and not bother with reading the original.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-03 at 04:34.
Palsa-San is offline   Reply With Quote