Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-02, 19:28   Link #1077
Mumitroll
Banned

Quote:
Uhm not really, Woodrow Wilson was the only one who wanted to help England for somekind of foolish reason (man, that reason alone could ensure him the title "jackass of the century").
that is seen differently in mainstream history. to quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson:

Quote:
Wilson spent 1914 through the beginning of 1917 trying to keep America out of the war in Europe. He offered to be a mediator, but neither the Allies nor the Central Powers took his requests seriously. Republicans, led by Theodore Roosevelt, strongly criticized Wilson’s refusal to build up the U.S. Army in anticipation of the threat of war.
I do, of course, know that he was rather pro-British. that didnt make him intervene though, until US interests were immediately threatened.

Quote:
But you are right, the Americans didn't want the war, only Wilson did; however by no means was he reluctant.
the US administration policy under him, for a long time, was rather cautious. as i've said, it took some major anti-US steps by Germany to make him declare war.

Quote:
Hitler showed no interest in the New World. And the Americans had no reason to engage with Germany if they really wanted peace.
they had a very major reason... namely that if Stalin/USSR prevailed, they'd be up against a Communist Europe with more than twice of US population and economic size. that would have been a horror scenario.

Quote:
So did Napoleon.... And I was talking about a prolonged war. The Nazi could've won many crucial battles but in the end, it could not win the war. The Soviet with its territory, and its people, it just..... could not happen.
in the long term, probably not. but it was not obvious to the Nazi lead of the time.

Quote:
The point is if two hot headed butchers keeps staring at each other, in the end, one must die. And beside, your point about "buying time" does not contradict mine ^^
you seem to think that Hitler and Stalin were similar personalities. nothing could be further from reality. read up on their biographies and behavior... its too long for me to write it all out here.

in a nutshell: Stalin was way too paranoid to ever initiate a major conquest campaign against a powerful opponent. and he never did.

Quote:
They are.... engaging in some kind of fighting activity. That mess has never been an official and legal war.
lol it takes much brainwash to think that.