View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 16:51   Link #1150
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I was talking about Operation Rainfall, a huge undertaking by fans to bring good JRPGs to the wii. Meanwhile every year we get these mediocre titles which in turn has negatively colored people's reputations about JRPGs.

I am not comparing genres, I am looking at specific themes which are making JRPGs seem like a bad genre.
the problem is that unless one of the developers is either Namco, square enix, konami, or NIS they probably never see the light of day over here

so some the very good jrpg title usually don't get a shot with an American audience, especially since the mainstream game seems to be fps with multiplayer element, and most developers don't want to spend money on licenses to develop an American version they don't believe will sell in a market, heck the only reason why last story, xenoblade, and operation rainfall showed up in America was like u said and undertaking of fans.

the reason we get neptunia and the other because the companies that own them are willing to take the risk and sell to a NA market and because they take risk people buy it because they really don't have much competition heck most jrpgs on the shelves at gamestops that I've scene are created by idea factory and compile heart the same people who make neptunia

now don't get me wrong I like neptunia heck ive even pre-ordered victory but it does sell more copy's because its only competition, are usually the agarest and tales series and 1 of those if and CH games same as neptunia

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-03-18 at 18:13.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote