Thread: Deltora Quest
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-09, 07:10   Link #30
chutup

yes that is awesome!! Also there are more than eight books. The original series was 8 books, then they made Deltora Quest 2, kind of like DBZ, that had 3 books, then there was Deltora Quest 3, with 4 books. So there's 15 all together. It may sound a bit generic from the description but it's actually a very original story, with some nice villians like these white flame spirits who can shapshift and a witch with 13 demonic children.
The only thing is, one major appeal of the books to little kids (like me when I read them) was the abundance of puzzles which the heroes had to solve, but could be solved by the reader earlier if they were smart enough. It was stuff like riddles and spot the difference. I hope they don't try to translate that into the anime, because it would be lame. Actually, now I think about it, those puzzles were always lame. Anyway, woot for Deltora Quest. Oh and I think most people know but I'll say anyway, Howl's Moving Castle was based on a childrens' fantasy novel as well.
chutup is offline   Reply With Quote