View Single Post
Old 2008-11-28, 22:14   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Iam not suggesting jumping right into the war
I was suggesting we get some Battle plans thrown down to us
Instead of just character apearrences..AGAIN.
well actually, we didn't get much in terms of character appearances before this... before this, we only got a shot of Sen Goku when he heard about Whitebeard's movements, and Garp meeting with Ace; and a silhouette of Jinbei... and those were more for the sake of story not character appearances... other than that, we haven't really seen much of the marines that were arriving for battle, or a even a shot of any of the shichibukai
Quote:
I never said she was weak I expect her to do something in the war
Hell, Sengoku said she's strong
Boa's panels are a waste of time right now
actually that was mostly a reaction to "Boa is just giving Luffy a ride" and that Oda had "ruined her character"... however, quirks like what we are seeing out of Boa are a common element in one piece. it's the thing that makes the characters , heroes and villians alike so damn likable... the series is more entertaining that way

i mean, take Kizaru for instance... which is better, the way he is now, or as somekind of stoic, super serious, doesn't take a joke, baddass? i wouldn't trade Kizaru for anyone else

right now, the main purpose of boa's panels was to be downright hilarious... from the marines getting pushed around, to her lovefilled daydreaming, to the marines utter shock over Boa's "appetite"

y'know, if the marines are gonna complain about the lack of food, well... Boa might have a solution for them... afterall, stoen statue's don't need to eat much

"feel free to die, i care not"
"she's the worst!! but... so beautiful!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Oh, so Boa FEEDING Luffy was her fantasy but didn't happen?
now you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
Also, notice that Jango and Fullbody are with Hina. I wonder if all of the top-tier marines' subordinates will be present for the war? Maybe we'll see Coby and Helmeppo in action, along with Sentoumaru....
well coby and Helmeppo should be a given as they work directly under garp... Sentoumaru is another question though, he was working under Kizaru, be he belongs to the science division; though i'd be willing to bet he will be there with a few cyborgs

we''l probably see the bustercall VA's as well

one thing i can't help but wonder...
why does John Giant get the fanciest coat... no really, his coat is even better than sen goku and the admirals... though sen goku does have the better hat(seagull hat!); though John Giant's is a good second