View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 10:58   Link #61
dfens

I'm sorry it's never going to be big, like everyone thinks or hope it will be.

Most anime fans I know are poor and can't afford another bill at the end of the month or they are cheap. Why pay good money when you can find it for free and only have to pay your regular internet bill.

Anime could be as low as 1 dollar a episode on DVD and most of my friends or etc sill wouldn't pay it.

Plus the fact that CR doesn't now and probably will never license every show out of japan, even if they show it with in a short time of airing. Fan subbers can have a episode out subbed within a matter of what 12 hours or so.

Or what if your a subscriber and the show you really want to watch is not on their site. I'd be pissed and wonder what the hell I'm paying for. And if I'm paying it better be the best quality humanly possible for download. Which I doubt is happening.

Take a look at this seasons new shows. I'm not really interested in any of them, I can't watch every show released and I don't want to. Why would anyone pay good money to watch X number of shows and pay a flat rate fee for all of them when they only watch 1,2, or maybe even none.

Every DVD I bought which is a lot is because I saw the show fan subbed liked it, and bought it day of release. It could be the same price as in japan and I still pay it. Unfortunately most fans I've met and talked to once they seen it, they'll never buy it.

No matter what they do it's going to be pirated on the internet, it's a idea to earn extra income when normally they get nothing. But it's up to them if all the effort makes them enough profit for all the headache involved. I can imagine them just barely breaking even.

I tried CR one time and it sucked. They were showing shows that I knew for a fact that they don't have a license too, and they quality and speeds were crap. I think I'll stick to torrent and the other streaming sites that are much better and more important till the show is for sale, absolutely free.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote