View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 15:10   Link #1291
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
During travel? Are you kidding me?

That means:

A) Someone knows where it is
B) Someone on the ship can live long enough to service the ship during its journey
C) Q (or Kyuu ) from the Q-continuum is tinkering with it
D) Any other scenario

DISCLAIMER: I am not a Q.
I think Japan is missing out on an alternate genre here, that's right: Magical Girls, in Deep Space! No typical high/middle school hijinks, we're talking colonists fighting for their life from a ruthless, oppressive AI and the humans who have sold their soul to the mechanical overlord. It all starts when a young girl finds a strange cute creature that gives them the power to fight against their oppressors (/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\). Will they overcome the enemy? Will the menacing AI put them all in a cold, eternal sleep? Which will win, science or magic, or will despair overtake them all? Will they EVER reach their destination? Find out next time on Magical Female Space Colonist M4457-A!

Ahem.

Y'know, if I was on a multi-generational space ship, slowboating it across vast tracts of deep space, and when we finally get to the destination, only to discover that someone beat us to it, I'd be really pissed. Oh Hi, while you were trudging through deep space, we developed FTL travel. We've been here for years, glad you finally showed up. That's justifiable grounds for an all out revolt.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote