View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 08:50   Link #32
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

These are the series I watched for the Spring Season:

Accel World: This anime is half bad, half not my thing. I'm not a fan of wimps just being given powers unless it's to make their life worse, and I'm definitely not a fan of the fact that we're never given a reason to like the main when all he does is suffer. However, the exposition in this show is fucking terrible. No visual aids, nothing interesting is being said, goes on too long...ugh.

Kids on the Slope: This one is probably going to be in my favorites. It has everything I could ever like in a visual medium. Great characters, great music, subtle actions, good comedy, and drama I actually give a shit about. Plus, it has jazz. Oh that jazz.

Tsuritama: Like Future Diary, this anime is just so warped and so nonsensical that I can't help but love it. All the characters are entertaining, the fishing is pretty fun, and I just love Haru's energy, even though other people don't.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia: I wasn't a fan of the manga for a good reason. The characters are really forgettable and so bland that it becomes irritating. The mystery isn't very interesting and the slapstick is badly edited.

Fate/Zero: I'm not a Fate fan, so I don't really like this anime as much as other people do. It's got great animation, but for some reason, I can't feel it breathing much life into the characters. The characters are fine, but aside from a couple, I'm not a fan of them due to their overly serious personalities and uninteresting motivations. The fight scenes are also too long. The story is really good though, plus things have become more interesting in the second half since characters started dying.

Eureka Seven Ao: This one surprised me, as I didn't really like the first series all that much. But this one is much more interesting. The characters are better, the story is more engaging, and things happen in a really cool way.

Hyouka: I love main characters that act like Daria, so this one was a must for me. The visuals are great, the characters are fun, and I like how low-key it is. It's a little bit of a safe series, but at least I don't have to watch another KyoAni sitcom.

Lupin III- A Woman Named Mine Fujiko: Sort of a hard series to describe at times. Despite supposedly being centered around Fujiko, it's really just a Lupin prequel where Fujiko isn't inserted into the series all that well. It's very good though. It has style, the characters are fun, it's cheesy, and feels like sexploitation mixed with noir.

Space Bros: Only saw the first episode. But it was very good. I'll get to it later.

Jormungand: This anime is practically a popcorn anime at the moment. It's got some entertaining characters and some Hollywood action scenes that you role with for the most part. However, while the gun logic is entertaining, from what I heard, it's not correct. And even if it was, putting gun logic in a show that is pretty open to camp doesn't mesh well. It thankfully doesn't try to give us any lame POV characters and just let their entertaining selves handle the anime.

Edit: From favorite to least, the series I'm currently watching would be like this from top to bottom:

-Kids on the Slope
-Hyouka
-Tsuritama
-Lupin III
-Eureka Seven Ao
-Fate/Zero
-Jormungand

Accel World, I occasionally watch at times. Space Bros, I still haven't gotten past the first episode as of yet.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-05-11 at 17:37.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote