View Single Post
Old 2003-12-15, 00:43   Link #9
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Ok, no hard feelings, maybe I sounded a bit harsh at first (this always happens for some reason...). I didn't mean writing romaji lyrics is bad thing, just that lyrics are actually one of the few things that only those who care to buy the CDs instead of downloading mp3s (once again, not pointing at you, but the you-know-who-you-are masses) would get for their money. Sure, anyone who ripped CD could easily just scan the lyrics booklet and upload it somewhere, but at least the majority of these downloaders still won't understand it.

Either way, I SERIOUSLY suggest you go take a Japanese course or something, perhaps you can find one in university or college. Most lyrics only use a handful of words and kanji, I'd say it only takes 4 courses max (starting from the introductary course) for you to understand 80% of listening to songs (so long as you stay away from the rap-like ones) while it takes less (maybe 2 or 3) if you got the lyrics written out in front of you (meaning you only need to know Hiragana, Katakana and how to use a kanji dictionary).

Yeah, that's what I mean by "english pronounciation".
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote