View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 13:48   Link #1750
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
how else am I supposed to describe what is happening in this chapter?
please enlighten me so I don't offend any one in the future.
I never called it gay because I knew there would be people like you that would get easily offended. (would it have been better if I called it gay?)

the actions going on at batoto are vandalism and should be dealt with at once.

There is no double standard, read what the guy below your original post wrote, it comes down to sexual preference; which seems is what offends you, that people are not more open and receptive, to the idea of a supposedly heterosexual guy (Terumi is supposedly straight)cross dressing and going after men in bars.
that is your problem and you have to deal with it.
Mind you, I'm not really offended, if anything you're the one that seems more offended xD. It's ignorance that becomes more annoying than offending to me. Though there are most certainly people that'll get offended.

Anyway, how to describe the chapter? Well there's plenty of better ways than to just go "GAY!". You said it yourself, he's a heterosexual male crossdressing in order to pick-up another guy, though it's the objective that matters really. Terumi's aim isn't to get into the guy's pants nor will be falling in love with him, his methods are not necessarily gay...only insecure people would describe it as this knowing it's just a means to an (very hetero) end.

It's not really about sexual preferences, especially when we're talking about people liking trap harem members vs what Terumi is doing this chapter.
We already established that Terumi's actions aren't really gay since his aim isn't the guy but the woman behind the guy...on the other hand the popular traps in harem manga are guys actually aiming and romantically interested in other guys (the MC) yet I have yet to see people in forums shouting to the heavens about how gay it is.

With all this talk I'm actually hoping we get a Yuri scene some time soon...just to see people's reactions, but that's a discussion or another time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote