View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 11:32   Link #73
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
I haven't seen ep. 4 yet, but at this point, everyone is raving over it just because of that one thing that happened. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

So I'm not going to comment on the episode because I haven;t seen it, but I will comment on that one action.

Kazumi is a bit hard for me to judge. She gets a lot of flak just because she likes Yuji (lord knows why) when Shana also likes Yuji at the same time. And because Shana is the main character and kicks a fair amount of ass, obviously everyone knows she will be the eventual winner, and wants her to win as well.

As such, Kazumi gets a lot of hate simply because she is after Yuji, and everyone simply wants Yuji and Shana to get it over with and declare their love for each other so everyone can move on to more important things, namely, the ass kickings.

The thing is, well Kazumi is fairly pointless to the show. If you subtract her from the show, nothing will be lost. It is probably this pointlessness mixed with the endless dragging of this love square (remember Ike?) that everyone hates Kazumi because everyone wants this to move on and go back to the main plot and kicking ass and so forth.

But as far as hate goes, Kazumi is not that bad of a character. She is fairly inoffensive, cooks, and has a fair amount of courage for someone who is generally powerless and thrown into a war between powerful demons and warriors. I could name 10 characters right now that probably don't get as much hate as Kazumi, but who are much worse characters. In this sense, she could be likened to (a much much weaker version) of say Lebron James, whose biggest hits come froma few ill-timed statements, and the fact that he switched teams when other more popular players have been accused and convicted of worse things from drug use, possession and use of firearms, and attempted rape.

That being said, I'm glad Yuji finally decided to be a not be a complete blockhead anymore and make up his mind, but just remember, as far as characters go, you could do a LOT worse than Kazumi.
Dude as much as people hate Kazumi (including me), without her in the show as a character, Shana would've never have grown from the person she was before.
Without Kazumi,

- Shana would've never have realized that she loved Yuji.
- Shana would never have socialized with humans

And most importantly, without another love interest, the story [as horrible as this statement sounds, would've been generic and boring. :l