View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 00:14   Link #1002
Berserker

I enjoyed this show for what it is. I own the first season on DVD. I had to watch the second season online. For me, one of the reasons I liked was the fact the main male lead actually had some balls. You'd think he'd just let Revy walk all over him at first. Episode one hinted that if pushed enough he will stand his ground. Then we see a bad ass Rock born in episode 7. I had a smile on my face because I was glad that the main character finally stands up for himself, even against a woman.

If you notice in the last two episodes, he starts showing some backbone against Balalaika. He was obviously scared when she pulled the gun against him, but I was glad to see as the scene dragged out, he still was defiant even though he was afraid to be shot. Then in episode 24, when Balalaika gets close to him, he stares at her with even more defiance. She no longer seems to be able to make him absolutely terrified like at the beginning. I don't know about the rest of you, but I bet Balalaika likes it when Rock stands up to her. I want to see more scenes between her and Rock. I want to see him go bad ass on Balalaika, as I prefer the bad ass Rock.

Anyone else glad that we have a male lead who can stand up for himself when he needs to? It is like a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
If Revy and Rovk did get together, who would be on top? I gotta say Revy. She seems like she wants the control.
Hehe, I don't think so. She may want control, but like in episode 7, she will most likely push him far enough to make bad ass Rock wake up then all of a sudden she will be on the bottom.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote