View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 12:51   Link #65
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Well, Theowne, noticing your avatar/sig, I see you're a Miyazaki fan. So, I would assume that you have tastes more refined along the works of that great master. And there's certainly nothing wrong with that. I consider just about everything Miyazaki makes to be masterpieces. If that's your preference then it's understandable that you would shy away from anything that exploits fanservice.
I don't think it's merely a matter of having a refined taste or not.....I know you didn't mean this in your post, but it reminded me of an earlier discussion where people threw around the term "elitist" towards people who don't like fanservice shows...I just don't think it's that simple. There's the refined, intellectual type of anime (Mushishi, Tatami Galaxy) and then simpler, but still endearing stuff (lKodocha, Maison Ikkoku). But liking or disliking ecchi/moe/fanservice shows is a separate topic that has more to do with liking/disliking certain trends in those genres and not identifying with their target audiences.

[/random tangent]

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2010-06-29 at 14:51.
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote