View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 16:07   Link #41
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Well for SAO I guess I'll do my solo approach for MMO's

I would usually level up a fair bit at the beginning of an MMO. (for SAO, maybe only 3 levels considering all the other people trying to farm mobs...) My build would gear more towards agility for a game like this. Dodging / running away quickly would definitely increase my survival chances.

After gaining some levels, I would definitely work on skilling. Definitely would like to have a reasonable income level for future floors.

After a week or so of nonstop skilling, would definitely do as Klashikari, and do more info gathering. Definitely take the time to sort through all the information available after say maybe 2 weeks or something after the game started. Mainly because I prefer getting info-dumped all at once instead of getting info here and there. At least only at the beginning.

Go back to level grinding on mobs until I over level myself on the surrounding areas. Hopefully a fair amount of people have started moving to the other towns/villages some 2 1/2 weeks after the start.

As for boss battles, I think I would avoid the first few, I don't think I would be confident enough with the lower levels equipment.

As for quests and the like, hopefully people have done them before and shared info on the risks/rewards.

Then I guess i'd go searching for a party maybe, or a guild since I would likely mess up sooner or later due to my usual MMO habits.

EDIT: should add in that I'm going to run like heck from mobs when my HP hits around 30-40% since usual poisons/paralysis/etc may screw me over...

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2012-07-16 at 17:59.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote