Thread: Chess Master
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-11, 02:14   Link #4
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
People in the US should use http://www.chessmaster.com.cn/english/top.htm instead. The other link is filtered. I don't see anything about Japanese company either. Also, be warned, this is Chinese Chess .

I watched the show some time ago and cannot remember exactly. But I am sure that there are quite a few Japanese names in the credits, especially for the major positions. IIRC the character designers and the episode director are Japanese. The in-betweening work and background art are all by the Chinese animators though.

I will post some screenshots of the credits when I returned home. Sorry if I have made some mistakes in this message as I am currently at school and have no access to the video file .

By the way I am not sure why you have to warn people that it is about Chinese chess (a warning is for something more serious IMO). After all many English-speaking anime fans are as oblivious to Japanese chess as to Chinese chess. But I don't see people warning those who are interested in Hikaru no Go.