Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 18:19   Link #2815
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I don't understand how that proves that what they did had exactly the same result as what Dominura and Limone did.
That's not surprising since it, of course, proves nothing, but then again your idea about Aaeru and Neviril overcoming the eternal maiden curse is not backed by cold evidence either (this seems to be the motif of our discussion ).

Quote:
The government seems powerful enough to force the priestesses to fight in battle, despite evident complaints from the church itself (the one that Onashia is supposed to be a head of, according to you).
No one is forcing them to fight (well, not until the situation became really bad for Simulacrum), the Sybillae are in theory perfectly free to go to the Spring at any time. And of course, a head of state doesn't necessarily hold the real power in it. Why were we arguing about that again?

Quote:
You just helped me with that: Onashia is condemned. She lies at the Spring against her inner desires--that's why Yun, with her willingness to bear her weight, represents Onashia's liberation and disappearance.
Onashia is cursed with (probably) a long life and a cold sparkling body but is she cursed with being a High Priestess against her will. I think she doesn't want release from her position but a release from such existence. My point was that I just don't see Dominura taking over the Spring in the first place. Of course, it can be said that people change, well I don't see it. Like Kuroi Cosmo, I don't want to believe in this theory.

Quote:
I just checked this, and it happens right after Dominura's golden sparkles are seen. If this doesn't cement the theory, I don't know what does. If Yun's words were the random occurrence of a drunk scriptwriter, well, then the series loses solidness.
*cough* red herring *cough* And it's not right after the golden sparkles are seen but before Dominura appears in the episode. It might well have been some sort of foreboding that Dominura (and maybe Rimone too) might share Onashia's fate...but not by actually being her.

Well, we are going in circles, really. I am pretty sure this was already discussed a few times, so will try to find some new arguments...not that it's likely that anyone would be convinced.

EDIT: I found an interesting idea, all credit to warainagara - http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1920 :
Quote:
"Dominura," uttered by Yun, reminded me Onashia knew where Mamina's soul was, which means Yunashia knows Dominura's death.
Also in the ep.25 Yun's face was twisted very much like Dominura's when she saw the inside of the Helical Motoris in ep.15. Maybe she finally figured out what Dominura saw back then (whatever it was) and the scene in 26 with her saying "Dominura" picks up from that moment?

Last edited by Matrim; 2008-04-27 at 18:34.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote