View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 15:58   Link #7217
madmac

Quote:
Jeez, it seems that things always fall back to the ground that is shipping. When all is said and done, shipping is only a single aspect of character use/development
It's the single biggest obstacle to keeping a conversation going, yes. (Not that I can claim complete innocence.)

Sometimes it seems the only thing you can do is avoid talking about any of the "main" (Nagi, Athena, Hina) girls too much. Anyone who doesn't have a huge shipping base is easier to discuss without getting sidetracked by shipping wars.

Quote:
Risa is just . . . there, as a chorus member. Even minor characters need something distinguishing.
Risa does feel different to me then the other two, but it's hard to put it into words...She's like the brash, aggressive one, I guess. She's also simultaneously the dumbest and most self confident member of the group. I'd also say she has the simplest motivations--Miki is sneaky, but Risa just straight up enjoys messing with people.

It's true though that she has virtually no background or character development and what is there (Miko) is almost entirely unused.

Still, I think she works well enough. Not every support character needs to be well-rounded and three dimensional.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote