View Single Post
Old 2010-11-17, 15:15   Link #7
Seihai
スマイリウム

9/10
No problem with the animation, though I would have loved to see Kanon dance to Happy Crescent like she did in the TV program in the episode prior. That dancing choreography was sweet.

The search was stretched out as expected and I didn't exactly feel sad for Kanon, but given her situation having a loose soul inside her and also that her situation is much more emphasized than in the source material, call it filler or not, was very nice in its own sense to me. However the thing about the two Citron members didn't really help the impact on Kanon's past. Probably because it wasn't shown how they had a grudge against her to begin with, if they actually had one.
To be honest, I kinda feel bad for those two.
All in all I felt like reading a respective manga chapter, and I mean one of the shorter ones, because the episode kind of flew by.
Not in a bad sense, but not good either. Not too much happened, that actually reminded me of a certain Fortune Arterial episode, just better executed.

The kissing scene seemed a little bit abrupt, the way she ran back and then full stops. And she was kind of moving to the bgm. Like "now the climax of the bgm is up, time for the kiss". The kiss itself I found beautiful as usual, maybe she could have moved her body closer to Keima, that would've made me go more "d'awww" than I already did.

I didn't find the songs Kanon sings special in the beginning but they grew closer to my heart with this episode. Especially the first song was nice (and it's not one she sang before so yay!).

About Elsie - cute as always. Clumsy as ever. The brain-dead parts got me, she doesn't even deny it...
She's more interesting when she messes something up so gogo, Elsie!
About Keima - really good moment when he denied Kanon at first. Not because I don't like her, but I just waited for something to actually trigger the end.
Not remembering it in the manga helps, too.