View Single Post
Old 2011-07-07, 19:33   Link #4
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
I'm beginning to think this initial theory of mine is more likely, now thinking back more and getting other speculation and theories from people I'm friends with. Listed below in spoilers. [mod edit: spoiler tags not needed for speculation]

The part-time soldier said she was a SERN-spy and could possibly be well true, and even to the extent that her own father is in SERN. Since Kurisu wants to make up to her father and get along with him once again, she was willing to plot against her friends in order to achieve this. So she constantly leaked information about what they are doing, and indulged herself in experimenting to make sure things go well. She could have possibly even forwarded the hacking of SERN herself

She had so much fun while she was young debating against her father to the point where she was starting to win against him. After idolizing him and him being the very reason why she started to love science, she might be feeling incredibly guilty that she even got her father mad at her in the first place and making it feel more like a "competition" then your friendly father-daughter debate. So she might be at the point where she will go to extreme lengths just to bring that fondship between them back. She also constantly brings the topic back up from time to time.
Hm.

I can see where you're coming from with the theory, but I don't think it'll be true in the long run. Kurisu may want to reconnect with her father, but something the show establishes very well is that she was also extremely lonely/distant from other people up until she got dragged into Okabe's lab and became friends with the members there. It seems OOC to me for her to trade away her friendships with the others just to try and connect with her father again, especially since even when she talks about wanting to be close to her father like she was as a child, it's usually in the way of someone resigned to the fact that it won't ever change.

Though, I do think at some point, Kurisu will have to choose between keeping her friendship with Okabe/saving Mayuri and regaining her lost bond with her father, especially if he's tied to SERN. He might promise to be close to her again if she sells out her friends, which leads to a moral dilemma.