View Single Post
Old 2009-03-12, 21:18   Link #337
fatez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I think people take me much more seriously when I actually use an valid response instead of spewing fanboy statements of how great Layfon and how much money he'd make in this world. I said nothing that anyone who has read your past statements couldn't gather in half a second. You honestly refuted nothing I said and instead try to outright dismiss my argument because it clearly shows how silly yours is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well Nina at first couldn't understand why he'd do it but in the end she said she'd not deny his way of living. She only said she didn't think they could work together if he had the same mentality that cause him to get kicked out of Grendan. She has a different set of ideals that are vastly different than his. She has the right to decide that she doesn't like his beliefs and morals. I think she understand but understand and accept are two completely different things.

I don't think she ever lectured him in the episode. She just couldn't accept his way of life like most people wouldn't accept it. Just like the people in Grendan didn't accept it. She doesn't hold what he did in the past against him but she does hold against him that he still follows that philosophy. Only living for your own survival is something that will make a person very wary about another. And this isn't a legal trial but about two people with conflicting beliefs.
What you and other don't see is that Nina is the commanding officer, and Layfon is her subordiante. Most people are arguing that Layfon's past will be in conflict with the team, so Nina, as the captain is acting that way for the best interest of the group. If you are talking about 2 people on equal ground having different ideas, then there is nothing to talk about.

And let's face it. If your captain say that you and her can't work together, what's going to happen? Will the captain leave, or the member will be kickedout/transfer? This is a military after all.