View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 02:09   Link #3694
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
It started years ago and it will never stop. We still don't know whether or not we'll see the original triangle nor if they're even alive at this point. Outside of the "triangle ending," you have to deal with the actual "ending" regardless if you like it or not.

For example: I didn't like that Mao lost but I'd love to know what happened to Sara and Shin; however, I'll never know. But I accept it. It's over. Zero is gone.

So all I have to say is "accept the overall ending."
I've long made my peace with the fact that we will never get anything really definite. But that doesn't mean that I don't get to rage at the writers every time in a while.

Quote:
I think it did come after the ending but the speech Sheryl gives to the crowd in the middle sounds awfully like the speech in Alcatraz. So I'm stumped.

(Also: I had the same thought whilst reading back posts. I was floored to read the posts. Why in the world would they start trusting Ranka after all of this time? After all the hate and disappointment, they suddenly find the weirdest way to say Alto returning is canon (not that it isn't but there is no actual show). I never brought up those words either, and I'm a #1 Ranka fan. So looking back at the posts, I'm actually quite questioning why people are suddenly so attached to a character they hate (or dislike) or rather don't support just so Alto returning (if ever) can be canon. I think that will remain a mystery, Yot-chan. But I'd never use any words that Sheryl used to justify how Alto/Ranka is canon.)
I guess the difference is that series!Ranka and movie!Ranka are essentially two different persons? I still dislike and pity series!Ranka tremendously, but movie!Ranka was totally fine and a much, much, much better person than series!Ranka. I would not have minded too much if she would have ended up with Alto.

Quote:
Here is my one and only reply to this conversation outside of replies: the movie has been on Blu-Ray for months, so why the heck is this discussion (which had been finished months ago) still going on?

Kawamori answered all the questions. Whether you like it or not is not up to you. One day, when you have enough money, take a trip to Japan, approach him, and ask him honestly. If that day ever comes, then you'll actually have relief.
Uh, essentially because karice decided to once again play the reality fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, I'm sure it seems plausible. But, honestly, the bittersweet ending works for me - although I seem to be strange, that way.
The problem is still for me that the movie ending didn't feel earned. The series ending... the less said about that, the better at this point.