View Single Post
Old 2007-12-30, 21:30   Link #197
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
The problem with this philosophy is that it's letting the fanatics control your actions. She took actions that she thought was best for the majority of citizens of her country. I'm sure she sympathizes with the other factions. However, those same factions have to offer a viable alternative over the status quo.

Quite frankly, with the stagnant economy, her country was bound to collapse without foreign aid, in my opinion.
I'm sure that she does sympathize with them, but To them, it seems that she isn't. It's all in their perception of her, in which they see her as not caring of them.

Now you say that the other factions HAVE to offer an alternative, in reality they don't have to offer a darn thing. This civil war was thier repsonse to this offer. Even with this new economic addition, her country could still collapse, especially without a stable government, which Azadistan, doesn't seem to have. Considering it was so easy for Ali to instigate the Civil war.

Soldier of Darkness I'm aware of why Rasa was captured, but that doesn't change the situation much. Even he wasn't for Marina.