Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 12:54   Link #3444
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This rubbing people the wrong way because really, who ever expected the relegated comic relief to do anything, you know? Some other series have gone this route once or twice but those shows were never full of a bunch of delinquents and literal demons. To be quite frank he's gone through this whole series as comic fodder (even though they don't need him to act that way) but now when he's the one kicking ass and taking names people are against it. Stuff like this is a JOY for me to read because you never expect it to happen, ever. It's like if Ataru actually told Lum he loved her, in words in Urusei Yatsura, or if there was an actual physical relationship in Ah! My Goddess!

It's probably why I enjoyed Ranma so much, it kept an actual balance without going down the same route this manga has (which isn't a bad direction, simply a different one). Imagine if the old panty stealing grandpa actually started to kick everyone's ass and it was done well?

I'm loving this arc. I'm actually pretty worried about him now that we know of the side effects but I'll be damnded if the past 3-4 chapters haven't been the most enjoyable since I started reading.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote