View Single Post
Old 2008-07-30, 10:41   Link #390
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Macross F has been great so far, and things in Ep 16 do pressure me to request Ep 17 asap.

Finally caught up with the air rate of MF btw. Tried to preserve some for the weekend in case i need some animes to inspire my mood, but the temptation killed my plan -_-'

Couldn't believe that i read all 20 pages of this thread through.

Gave this Ep a 10/10. Part of this was because I found the space battle was strangely dramatic. It's not "Die, die creatures" like back in Eps 1, 3 or 7 anymore as i was hoping more information about Vajra to be explored. Otherwise i will feel pity for Vajra to be both played around by Grace and a bonus to be slaughtered by SMS in the same time.

Furthermore if Ranka's song is really a gift from those Vajra; and Ranka sung it in distracting them to be slaughted off, there is a chance that next time Frontier got assaulted, the "peace song" that everyone depend on will prove useless. That's when the swamp of Vajra took their chance for revenges.

But isn't it great how Vajra has been portrayed such a bloodthirsty creatures (the little one is still keeping its secret identity as i remember) up to the point that it would shock the audiences if they realise the heroes they cheered for since the start have always been the "half-bad guys"

If I do not make a wrong guess:
overnumbered Varja + the abolish UN law in using of reaction weapons + the "overpowered" Aimo-distracting song + bad guys behind the government curtain
= Frontier is going to(or will nearly be) be screwed up big time.

But then Vajra is more mercy than human (or lack intelligent to take so much revenge) so it will still be good ending. The theme of "universe is big enough to be home for more than 1 race (Ep 13) will be brought up again eventually.

PS: The only reason that i do not mention how awesome Sheryl is in this post is because i read 20 last pages, don't want to repeat