View Single Post
Old 2007-08-27, 23:36   Link #63
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steg View Post
I don't know what you all mean about Konata comforting Kagami, she seemed too involved in her Otaku buying spree to notice her, maybe I missed something...
Konata seems to know that something's up with Kagami in the last couple of scenes before the supposed confession. It's true that this probably got put on the back burner during the otaku spree, but Konata's tone during the phone conversation heavily implies to me that she took the group into the purikura booth for Kagami's benefit.

---

I knew something was different when I saw the third-years around the table after the episode title card: Miyuki was present for once. The subsequent sequences kind of shuffled her out, but I'd have been foolish not to expect that.

Kagami's dere-dere side proved ridiculously endearing again. Everyone's noted the bit with the letter; for further evidence, I cite the prominence of Konata's face in that one photo on Kagami's wall (before the cut to the purikura-enhanced fortune) as a true hallmark of their friendship. Like she'd ever put up anything that embarrassing, indeed. If there's anything KyoAni can bank upon in terms of material--leaving aside any mention of Haruhi, self-promotion, and the like--it's that viewers will eat up a dere-dere Kagami.

Kagamin for Saimoe 2007!

Shiraishi's apparent affinity for terrible puns amused me, as did his seating arrangement on the bus. This guy has continually displayed the perfect temperament for a sidekick, which made his boil-over that much better. Sure, LC was heading toward this inevitable conclusion from the very first bit of abuse that Shiraishi suffered at Akira's hands, but damned if it wasn't gratifying anyway. (Shiraishi for SaiGAR 2007?)

As much as I like Minami, and as much as I deserve to get skewered for this, I really did find her two-dimensional here. I'd be okay if she went an episode without lamenting her bust size.

---

Further thoughts from me would just end up as a rehash of Jaalin's episode summary at RC. To me, this episode is as true to form as the L*S anime gets. If Misao had said anything--anything at all--I'd probably have given it a 10.