View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 14:26   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I have this running notion that is a blender of Rock Band and anime where an all girl hard rock band loses a member (too drunk, undependable, whatever). Via "plot device" (member caught in the rain in concert garb rescued by guy with big umbrella), it turns out he can take the spot as he's a former member of another band himself. The dilemma of course, is that it was an all-girl group formerly.

Characters:
The group "It Really IS Rocket Science" consists of 4 regular members and one more when she's not smashed out of her mind or being kicked out of the group.
>>Tsika -- twin-tailed petite frilly goth (the one caught in the rain and whom the protagonist is attracted to), color theme black/red, she plays bass (the dark side) <5ft high, extremely pale, red eyes, black hair, subtle tsundere
>>Kpau -- "Socal" "barbie beach gal" platinum blond dark tan, (color theme: white/pink) average height, manically enthusiastic, plays drums, tomboyish.
>>Glycerin -- very tall, gangly, introvert with short punkish black hair (something like AzuDa Sasuki but thinner with punked hair). She wears a lot of stage makeup and has a number of tattoos (color theme purple) but tends to be very quiet -- plays the guitar like she was fire though. Goofy smile, big doe eyes.
>> Umlaut -- The protagonist was previously with a metal band and has a sort of motorcycle viking appearance. Tall, the same height as Glyc. His first encounter with the band was via the bass player (his thoughts: "omg, look at that gorgeous pixie... its raining, I have an umbrella, she doesn't, goal?"). He meshes well with the group musically but its unclear if the group's fans will accept him.
>> Sashiko -- the undependable partial band member.

Summary: the group fires Sashiko after one too many missed performances. Tsika encounters Umlaut who ends up in the band. The band's prior soft pop sound grows into much wider and edgier directions with Umlaut on board.

Of course, the drunk undependable is still around and sometimes still plays a session --- a frequently drunk out-of-her-mind flaming red-head whose theme color is green garb irish style. She'd just as soon start a bar fight as play music.

And now I've basically described my Rock Band virtual group but with a bit of backstory, whee.

edit: visit their website at Vexx's photo album -> http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3671

---------------------------------------------------
edit 2012-09-03: I've started a thread in Fan Creations to take a stab at writing a light novel. We'll see how it goes
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...17#post4334717

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-11-06 at 02:06.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote