View Single Post
Old 2006-04-15, 13:42   Link #298
Jaden

1. Gundam Seed - watched the entire series non-stop and that's just something I haven't been able to do with any other anime. GS rules.
2. Vision of Escaflowne - Just can't beat the epic mood of this anime.
3. Madlax - I guess I'm just weird because I really like bee train's style, and Madlax is their best work, I think.
4. Hikaru no Go - Love the game, the fact that such a great anime could be made of it is amazing
5. N.G.Evangelion - Little overrated maybe, but still a classic and nothing boggles the mind quite like it.

Naruto, Bleach - Great stories, battles, and everything, but mainstream. A show must be addictive if it's going to have such massive amounts of episodes. But that a show isn't heading towards any real ending makes it predictable and inconsistent.
Sure, the first 50 or 90 episodes might be nice but the stories reach no conclusions in them. And then the filler starts and everything goes downhill. After them the style completely changes and the series abruptly ends because it lost popularity or the authors wanted to do something else, etc...These kinds of series are nice, but can't really be called masterpieces in their entirety.