View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 02:48   Link #356
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Little correction to the oricon figures for those who haven't heard it yet.

#1 Don't be Late's first week: 42,714
# 2 Seikan Hikou's first week: 34,501
# 3 Triangler's first week: 31,270

http://gabrielarobin.com/271/seikan-...y-singles-at-5

I'm impressed with Nakajima Megumi. I have high respects for Maaya Sakamoto, more than May'n, so outselling her in the first week is something. This is how you do a debut lol I also think Diamond Crevasse/Don't Be Late have more promotion in the anime so far, but I'm sure they're still going to continously promote Ranka's songs from here on.

Also, if you look more at the site, they say Maaya Sakamoto will appear in episode 13. What's that about? lol
Mike posted the figures I used on Macross Worlds forums, he confused Oricon figures with something else... and no the Seikan Hikou cd was the most promoted single in the series easily.

Completely showcased Seikan Hikou in episode 12, used Neko Nikki as an insert in episode 9 and 12 as well as the ED for 11. And it covers two of the most popular songs in the Macross franchise in Do You Remember Love? (Deculture and 12 ED) and My Boyfriend is a Pilot (Episode 4 insert). If you don't think they added significant sales to the cd single you're delusional. They also had the full version of Seikan Hikou on the website with a Ranka dance move video for about 2 weeks...

If you want to pretend that Don't Be Late's insert in episode 1 and Diamond Crevasse being the ED for 2-5 as well as being played fully in 6 is more promotion than you couldn't be more wrong imo. Seikan Hikou got promoted more and still fell 8000 short of Don't Be Late, don't worry it should eventually outsell Don't Be Late since it won't have an OST being released shortly after it came out with all the songs on the single on it. (Triangler and Don't Be Late dived hardcore when the OST came out...)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote