Thread: Licensed Shigurui: Death Frenzy
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-03, 21:44   Link #25
Lunacy

I have not felt this excited after watching the first episode of any anime series in a long time! I have not read the manga nor am I an expert of Samurai in general, but I really loved the atmosphere, the animation, the concept of rewinding the story, yada yada yada.

I wonder if they will continue censoring the gory scenes by blurring it out just like in episode 1? I don't mind the censoring since they did a great job depicting exactly what he was doing to himself. I am just curious is all. Plus, it is most likely that we will get the chance to own the uncensored version when it is released on DVD in the near future. That will be too awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Soul View Post
Well, unlike Elfen Lied the violence and barbarity in Shigurui don't serve only as shock value. You could say they are an integral part of the world the author is depicting. Or what do you think what happens when someone swings a razor-sharp blade into your stomach, that candies would come out?
I got this feeling from the first episode alone. I truly didn't think it was just for the shock value, unlike Elfen Lied. I felt the violent scenes in the first episode helped how much pride these Samurai warriors posses. It makes me feel thankful for not living in their time period. ^^;

I also have to make a comment about Shigurui's BGM. The BGM truly adds to the intense atmosphere of this series. One part which I vividly remember is the confrontation in the dojo. This particular scene is memorable for me because you can hear the amazingly realistic sound of a cicada in the background, which made me feel like it's summer time in their world. And also the spectacular use of lighting, which I will not get into at this moment.

I am eagerly awaiting to see what Shigurui will have in store for us.

P.S. - I marked that sentence in bold letters because that statement made me laugh out loud so much! ^^;;
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote