View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 17:16   Link #81
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It seems to me most of those things are done by people, not the system. The system just evaluates a person. It's society that says "We're not going to hire you if you don't have an A rank." or "Your Crime Coefficient is too high so you won't be able to have a job anywhere ever." The system doesn't say this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sure the system says this. That's part of the system. You're drawing an entirely false distinction here.
To throw in my two cents, this little exchange highlights one of the issues you've all been having in your discussion: you're not all on the same page about what "the system" is.

Some of you are using it to refer to the technological system that provides the CC and psycho-pass readings, others the whole societal system, and yet others, the "Sybil System" - but again, the boundaries of each of those systems are blurred and arguably different for different posters.

Might I suggest defining what you mean by "the system" (each time you post about it, if needed)? It'll be a little more effort on everyone's part (both in writing and reading), but at least you'll be able to know what each other is talking about.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes