View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 12:49   Link #7073
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's fairly clear that the Hucks are playing upon Thoma's sympathies, and that Cypha intended Thoma to tell SS6, so that they would help her against the Grendels. Thoma isn't completely stupid, as he intends to tell SS6, and he'll probably abide by whatever SS6 tells him. Signum, Erio, and Caro are the only ones available at the moment, however.

But we get some motive to Hardis now... he's a typical corporate, who sees money in a new clean form of energy, and that's why he's developing this. At least, that is the reason we have so far. It feels like it is not just money, but his desire to make a better world with his clean energy idea. Although, I'm not quite sure how he plans to apply the Eclipse to produce said clean energy. Unless he's trying to fine-tune the eclipse to infect everyone, since not everyone is a mage, but anyone can be an eclipse-infectee.

Which still leaves why Curren is opposing him... does she know something? Or suspect something? Given that Cypha wants to question the Grendels, possibly about their recent infection, it sounds like the Hucks are trying to get to the bottom of the recent infections themselves. As I said before, I would think they would like more people like them, Eclipse infectees, but they don't seem to. It feels like they are trying to prevent more people from becoming infected. Almost dark heroes in a way. They'll kill like the Punisher, but in the service of the greater good. They developed a way to control their murderous impulses, so they don't kill as much as they need to.

I could see Curren breaking into anger at Hardis, with SS6 watching, saying something like, "It was you who made us like this! Do you know the hell we've been through? I won't let you infect anyone else... even if it costs me my life!" *both die in mutual explosion or something*

Hardis having a daughter, isn't really anything new. Jail had his daughters that he cared about, too. It's just a twisted form of giving the antagonist some semblance of humanity. Perhaps it might play a role in the future when his daughter gets infected, or is about to.

I think what I was must intrigued by, were the mentions of Alto. She's not going to be a helicopter pilot (even though they are still looking for one; where is Vice?), but something else. Something to do with the raptors, it feels like.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote