View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 15:43   Link #754
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Bull. What people look for in those titles isn't reality. At best, they can look for some realism, in a "reality is unrealistic" sort of way. But reality? No.
Red. Your post is quite irrational, but I will try to get the most out of it. It is unclear if by titles you are referring by galgames, shoujo manga or pink prose, but in each and every on of those the reader needs something he can relate to, we are not talking about some alien experience akin to an acid trip. That is why in said media is common that the main character is a high schoolers, which is what most of the time the readers are (or were) themselves so they can relate to the events. If the situations are unrealistic the reader can't relate to the story and will drop it, even in a fantasy setting where you have the love story between a human and a youkai (or alien, or robot) what the reader is gauging is how much he can relate to it, in simple words, how realistic the romance is.

Quote:
And ogon_bat? Screw your correction. A painter may know anatomy, but that doesn't make him a surgeon.
Where you you want me to screw it for you? No, seriously, it is beyond wild to think that the prior text somehow is trying to make people believe that a painter is a surgeon (albeit some surgeons are painters).
But a writer (where you do galgames, manga or prose does not change the title) does learn a little from human behavior (it can be a mix of instinct, learning from interactions with your fellows and even reading some psychology books) to produce his manuscripts and Saeko's work is all about romantic relations. Are all galge writers as good at gauging your fellow romantic relation? probably not, but I have no trouble believing there can be some galge writer's as skilled as Saeko IRL.

Quote:
Speaking of - would you trust Hugh Laurie to diagnose you? I mean, he played a doctor. Obviously he spent so much time observing them and absorbing their knowledge, right? And Dr House acts just like a real genius doctor would, too, or the series wouldn't have been successful, right?
... and it gets even wilder, now you are saying (yes, it is you) that an actor due to mimicking how a surgeon reacts in front of people gives the actor the uncanny powers to make surgical operations on human beings. Read carefully, when Hugh Laurie learns to mimic the procedure of an operation (which he never does for his actor job) then it would make sense to assume he can really do a surgeons work.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote