View Single Post
Old 2004-07-19, 20:32   Link #53
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Other seiyuu worth mentioning and have only appeared recently:

The current voice of the cute belongs to Haruka Momoi [Nurse Witch Komugi, Tama-chan in Bottle Fairy and Paranoia Agent's demon plushie]. But she's taken ill recently and news of the girl's condition is rather sparse of late.

I like Ryou Hirohashi for some odd reason. She hit the ground running as Rakka in Haibane Renmei [first role] and was suitably energetic as the unsinkable [and terminally dense ] Naegino Sora for Kaleidostar. Good showing for all

Mai Nakahara has given solid performances as well [lead femme in both Midori no Hibi and Godannar] so it's quite a suprise to see her take on the role of an arrant and annoying primadonna to the hilt [May Wong- Kaleidostar]. Good sign when someone can play such a contrasting range of personality types.

For someone I left out earlier. There is another good reason why I like Ayako Kawasumi so much as well. She's perhaps the first I've heard of a seiyuu contributing to the majority of the musical score for an anime [the original pieces in Piano were all hers]. Great character range AND skills in a musical instrument and I've been dying to find the OST for this.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote