View Single Post
Old 2009-10-02, 18:02   Link #12
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kamui4356 basically has it nailed.
1) CR hasn't really ironed their system out technically.
2) the region lockouts mean that fans all over many parts of the world can't join in.
3) what does this portend for DVD or Blu-ray releases?
4) every vendor that has "tried to grab it all" has spiraled into doom.
5) single sourcing is rarely good for the consumer.

I don't object to their concept in principle... but these issues do need to be considered - ESPECIALLY the region bull****.
The only real "solution" to single sourcing in my opinion is to have multiple sites providing the same content that consumers can choose from - I don't really want to be having to subscribe to multiple sites due to license fragmentation.

And yeah, what this means for DVD and Bluray releases is important to consider. If they had kept and improved the downloadable side of their business model I might have considered it to offer a competing product, but they seems to be going streaming only for most recent shows (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Well, that's considering:

1. They have 7 continuing simulcasts, plus 13 more, so it's actually 20 shows.
2. They exclude "children's anime" from this, which could be classified a number of different ways.
3. Also, it's TV anime also, so that excludes OVA's.
So in other words, the claim is plausible but difficult to verify.

The interesting part will be to see how many of these shows end up being part of my favourites list. That's traditionally been CR's weak point: they've gotten some good stuff in the past, but it's been overshadowed by what they've lacked.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote