Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 13:21   Link #16
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I take it you mean its absence would upset a lot of people. I never did understand why it never made it into BFBC2; other console FPS titles had no problem making it work.
No I don't.

Prone in an game like BFBC2 is pretty much rage inducing. Maps are being made a lot more realistic now with tree's, undergrowth, bushs, rubble and 100's of spots where an player could go prone and start shooting from area's where players will never spot them untill they been shot or somehow they was lucky enough to spot them.

There are maps in BFBC2 and in other games, where you can shoot through small holes and the enemy player would had never spotted them, just like in a real war. Urban combat is one of the worst combats you can ever take part in because you just don't know where the enemy is and where he could shoot you from, allowing prone just makes it a lot harder for everyone in the game.

Modern wars today are often fought where both sides CAN'T SEE the enemy, not always, but pretty often, why? Because there is too much cover between the two sides, but the bullets that are fired between the sides don't care, this is why if you ever seen real combat be it in person or through a video, you will soldiers just firing in an general area where they think the enemy is and every so often, they might be lucky enough to see each other. This is where having more fire power then the enemy comes into play, pour more firepower in that area and you are bound to kill or destroy something.

SEAL or Special Forces teams often have soldiers equipped with weapons that output a lot of fire power out to make up for their small numbers.

Now personally I don't have an problem with prone, I don't like it or dislike it and can be happy to play with it or without it.

But people must understand that adding such an ability in the game only increases the hardest level for players to cope with.