Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 17:25   Link #2261
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yes! It's the arc I've been waiting for.

Hunter Exam introduced Hunters and the world they live in.
Zoldyck Estate was a bit of a side trek but it helped define Killua's character.
Heaven's Arena introduced the basics of Nen.
Yorknew fleshed out Nen and re-introduces brutality with a vengeance.
Now it's time for Greed Island, the arc which is mostly centered around Hatsu. Yes, this is my favorite arc. The concept of Nen truly fascinates me, and Greed Island is all about it.

It looks like the Huncyclopedia is replaced by the Greed Island Tutorial. This mirrors the manga. During the Yorknew arc at the end of most chapters, we got one page dedicated to a single character and their powers. Too bad a lot of them didn't get the FULL explanation that the manga readers got. Most notably Chrollo's ability. It had quite a few rules and caveats which aren't apparent from the story.

Starting from the Greed Island arc, these pages were instead dedicated to explaining Greed Island's game mechanics. Mostly item descriptions. GI has a LOT of items that never really were explained well in the actual story.

...Lets just hope this won't start another discussion where people say enhancer nen is for idiots, and the other schools are much better.

Last edited by Dengar; 2012-12-16 at 17:38.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote