View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 12:00   Link #1006
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
What is it that you find disappointing about her? To be exact what is it you expect from her in the first place? I find her expression quite alright up to now.
To say it in a few words: "empty eyes".
The Mikasa of the anime version doesn't have the same eyes of the Mikasa of the manga.

I'll provide two examples:

This is Mikasa soon after the death of Eren's mother.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

You can see that her eyes are unequivocally empty. We even get a close up. Overall she looks completely retreated inside herself and devoid of any hope. Emptied of any emotions.

Now this is Mikasa in the same scene in the anime:
Images
You can see that her eyes aren't empty at all, overall she just looks a bit sad.

We haven't seen much of the adult Mikasa but I must admit that at first I didn't even recognized her.

Images
Disregarding the lipstick effect that makes her look older than how she's supposed to be (she's just 15 years old!), again her eyes aren't empty, and she looks more bored than anything else.

Now Mikasa as she appears the first time in the training camp in the manga

Images

Her eyes are not as empty as before, but still empty, and rather than bored or unhappy she looks detached. She looks completely uncaring of her surroundings while at the same time emanating a dangerous vibe, like she's the kind of person that you'd better leave alone.

At least that's the kind of impression that she gives to me. At any rate I think everyone can see the differences.

PS: Looks like I've been ninjaed several times, but well, glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote