View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 23:59   Link #1019
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
What is it that you find disappointing about her? To be exact what is it you expect from her in the first place? I find her expression quite alright up to now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
That being said, I've seen plenty of anime only watchers comment on how she's "dead inside" so it seems like the anime does get that point across,I'd say the seiyuu work helps on that front.
Agreed. I have no problems with Mikasa's anime design. I've now browsed the first two chapters of the manga, and my first impression is that the art is horribly ugly and lacking in anatomical perspective and precision. The anime improved on the manga's art by leaps and bounds, in my opinion.

That said, I can understand where the objections come from. I think it's mainly a case of how you first experienced the story. If your first impression of the characters came from the manga, you will naturally form certain preconceptions of how they should look and sound in anime, so it's not surprising to experience some dissonance when what you see and hear do not match what you imagined.

As someone who first encountered the story via anime, it's the complete opposite. I find more depth and variety in the way Mikasa is presented in the anime. A lot of the credit goes to her seiyuu, Yui Ishikawa, who is apparently a rookie. And, as I mentioned above, the much better art helped too.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote