View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 10:38   Link #19
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Megatokyo has a (3x fully funded) kickstarter for a Visual Novel to be released sometime next February.

Proof of concept:

Megatokyo is an English webcomic set in Tokyo, written by a fan of anime and visual novels. It already had some visual novel elements referenced in the webcomic, so it should fit rather well.

Basically the comic has two main protagonists. Piro and Largo, both Americans. Piro is the kind of anime fan that watches Clannad, Magical Girl series, plays Visual Novels, knows Japanese, and reads Shoujo manga. Largo is the kind of fan that watches Gundam, Action shows, horror, and never learned a word of Japanesem though he is fluent in l33t. They take a trip together to Tokyo, were they end up up broke with no way to get back home.

The both live in the same place, and interact with the same characters, but they see Tokyo very very differently. Piro essentially starts living a visual novel like experience with overlapping love triangles. Meanwhile Largo is busy defending the city against an attack of the Army of the Dead, Godzilla, and various other enemies. I repeat: They interact with the same characters, and occupy the space, yet perceive events very differently. It makes for a rather hilarious comic, and will probably do the same for the visual novel.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2013-06-27 at 11:37.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote