View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 03:06   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh man.

Animation Quality: 8

Perhaps the only selling point for me was that Louise is still moe, which is huge. Overall, the animation quality was excellent, but the script never gave much else to be animated except tiring gags, so the score shall be an 8.

Voice Actors: 7

Voice acting was pretty good all around. There was nothing too special, or the script never gave the chance for this category to excel.

Script: 2

Here's how I describe it. Season one's plot was about two characters I cared about. Season two's plot was about a character I didn't care about. Season three had no plot, with the addition of a fourth character in the relationship polygon. Seriously, I was greatly interested in Agnes' story before they went overboard starting with episode 6. For season three, even though the last two episodes were good, it did not really save the other miserable ones. At least I can say that season three ended well, where I completely hated season two's ending.

Editing: NA

I don't get this category nor do I think the anime can get much better with improved editing.

Emotional Involvement: 3

Well let's see. The music was good. The last episode was good. Episode 11's scene where Louise and Saito was interrupted by Guiche was good. That's all.

Overall: 5

I actually rated every episode separately and the average came to this, so... Just for reference, I rated the first season an 8 and the second season a 6. However, a 5 is average on my scale, not below average.

EDIT: Actually, the average for the categories listed above came to exactly a 5 too... What a coincidence.