View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 12:23   Link #2070
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm already into my 20s and I can honestly say I'm as conservative as guys come. I'm the one who waits for marriage before engaging in any untoward intercourse, and that's held true up to now. Even with this stance, however, I really can't judge Yuki. She wanted to prove his love for Touru even if she didn't want to do it, and then she got burned by him so horribly. Even if it really wasn't his fault, the fact that he coerced her to do it directs my hate on him, and not on Yuki. I'm sure that things will eventually be cleared up between him and Yuki and I think I'm spot on that the last obstacle to their relationship is Yuki's past - which is what we've seen now. I don't think we'll end up with the protagonists being alone in the end, primarily because Utsumi is stupid enough and loving enough to be stubborn, and Yuki actually sees who Utsumi really is. She just can't let go of her past, and I don't expect her to so soon. I don't think she's a whore, however. I actually think Shou was more of an idiot than Yuki, especially because Yuki did not dupe Utsumi the way Shou did, even if unconsciously.

I mean I may initially revile Yuki, but if I got to know the circumstances I would certainly root for her and Utsumi ending up together, even with her reservations. She was very helpful to Utsumi, although wounded by her past and thus unwilling to trust. It's actually like The Town in this sense.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote