View Single Post
Old 2004-12-29, 13:26   Link #52
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
Man the least we can do is pray for the dead or send aid over, cus right now most of the aid they are getting is coffins,

about the earth quake it was phenomenal "It was the strongest earthquake to hit anywhere on Earth since March 1964... "

it also caused water levels to rise in countries to the east like yemen, where sudden water rise caused an additional 4 people to drown...
The U.S. government is screwed up, we can waste 100 million dollars on every Black Hawk Jet that crashes in iraq, we can spend almost 1 billion dollars a month over their yet when people in third world countries need help we send them pennies, right now coffins seem to be their best bet of aid from the U.S., the government or should I say bush is stingy, I mean over 100,000 people are now speculated to have been killed and the U.S. government is talking about spending only 35 million, the stingy bastards, like you said all we can do is pray for them and their families and disease can be quick to spread right now so the after effect could leads to thousands more dieing, I'am ashamed to be a american right now, or better yet to serve under an idiot president like ours that cares more about war than human life, whats sad is that in a few days someone will probably post on animesuki regarding the death of a loved one, so many people have died that its just a shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing321
The news service originally thought that 10,000 died in the WTC on 911, because that is how many worked in those buildings on an average buisness day. The death toll numbers went down as people began to realize that most workers escaped from the buildings after the first plane hit, and before either building collapsed. If both buildings had collapsed imediately, the death toll would indeed have been 10,000+.

Meanwhile, for the current much larger disaster, the death is liable to keep rising, not go down. This is because there is nobody around to report many of the people who have come up missing, and some of the lost will never be found. Also, I tend to regard all human life equally, whether they are in Sri Lanka or New York.
I thought the same thing regarding the world trade centers and the inconsistent numbers however it seems that they are actually confirming dead at this point and listing unconfirmed as missing which means that it will keep rising which is simply terrible and if theirs possible another 100,000 people missing then the numbers will just keep going up, I honestly think that this may impact the world population at the end of this, if over 100,000 people die then the world population growth rate can be thrown off by around 0.0001 now while that doesn't seem like much please note that 100,000 = 1,000,000 future people, in other words the impact will also lower the future population numbers, and whats worst is that this could be just the begining since disease may soon run rampant.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote